Today I wanted to take a moment to wish my partner in crime, best friend and ying to my a yang a very happy, happy birthday. Thank you for being my best friend, for believing in me, accepts me, pushing me to my limits, fighting with me, not always agreeing with me, challenging me and never letting me settle. You motivate me to go further, push harder, do more and I thank you for that. I hope on your birthday I give to you what you have given to me.
Christos Birthday starts at the change of the seasons, the leaves turn, the temperature drops and we say good bye to anther fantastic year and especially anther incredible summer of paddle. As we were headed to our workout yesterday we had some time to reflect on our past year and chatted about what keeps us motivated and happy during the change of season. (We tend to get a little down when the gray weather comes) What better time to reflect on yourself, your past year, then on your birthday. So we took that time and wanted to share some helpful tips with all of you that we practice ourselves. As anther year goes by and we embrace getting older (as we feel like we are 19 with 34 years of experience 🙂 We find that setting intentions, making that list and holding each-other accountable for that list is an essential piece to a successful year, to achieve those goals you set for yourself. Here is how…..
Set the intentions:
- Write it down
- make that list
- get yourself a cute journal or vision board, try to disconnect from your phone and take it old school, that means, pens paper, scissors,glue and magazines (Christos really likes that one)
- hold each other accountable
- surround yourself with your vibe and tribe that will help you succeed in your goals
- don’t let the negative people and places ruin your train of awesomeness or try and crush your ideas and dreams (you really don’t need them around I promise)
- don’t quit just keep going
- no excuses
- push your limits
- trust the process, on what ever you may trying to achieve
Christos may you have the best birthday and kick this years ass! Thank you for letting me be a part of your journey. I can’t wait to have so many more adventures and I feel so blessed to share these experiences with you. LETS DO THIS! And to the rest of you, go out and get yourself that journal! Set those intentions and crush those goals! YOU CAN DO IT!